[TxMt] [OT]: Ghostwriter

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 11:23:39 UTC 2005

> If you like it as well, what you maybe could do was have a ---WAIT
> which would cause the script to read one byte from /tmp/
> some_named_pipe (man 1 mkfifo) and then setup QS to write one byte to
> that pipe on a hotkey -- just thinking out load here…

Yes, that's a great idea.  I could also add an option to wait after
each line of text.

> Oh, and maybe insert random pauses in the text typed, so it looks
> more human :)

I've tried to make the time between letters somewhat random, but I
really need to tweak it some more.  Ruby's random number generation
facilities are rather primitive -- I'm used to R where it's easy to
generate a random number from any distribution you can think of.

The other thing I'd really like is a keyboard logging script so I
could empirically work out the gaps between letters and words and
sentences to make it even more realistic.

Hadley