[TxMt] Textmate service not present in the Services menu

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Dec 30 00:00:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Dec 29, 2005, at 11:14 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 29/12/2005, at 14:38, Pedro Melo wrote:
>
>> The TextMate service does not appear on my services menu. TextMate
>> was installed a couple of weeks ago, and I've logged out and
>> logged in a couple of times since then and still nothing.
>
> I no longer include the service because I want to instead role out
> the Edit in TextMate input manager which currently lives in the
> bundle repository.
>
> This has many advantages over the service, I probably will include
> it with next build or the build after that. Xcode savy users can
> already build and install it -- check the svn log for details.

Thanks, I don't have XCode installed so I'll wait.

I was hoping to use TextMate with Saft (a Safari plugin) to edit
textareas, but it seems that Saft uses this (http://www.barebones.com/
support/develop/odbsuite.shtml) and Textmate uses this (http://
www.merzwaren.com/external_editor.html) and the two are not
compatible, right?

Thanks in advance,

PS: TextMate is awesome. I've been using it for real since yesterday,
and I already added several snippets to the perl bundle, very very
nice! (an old vim user)
--
Pedro Melo
JID: melo at simplicidade.org