[TxMt] Bundle for Movable Type templates

Brad Choate brad at bradchoate.com
Fri Dec 2 03:49:45 UTC 2005

http://bradchoate.com/downloads/Movable%20Type.tmbundle.zip

Features:

	* Syntax highlighting for MT templates
	* Scope of MT container tags: entity.name.tag.mt, scope of MT
variable tags: variable.other.mt
	* Common MT 3.2 default templates provided as new file templates
	* A couple of snippets
	* A context-sensitive help command for MT tags

This is my first bundle, so I'm still learning, but I'm very
impressed with what you can do with TextMate bundles.  This is the
kind of power I've been looking for in an editor. Feedback is most
welcome.

A few questions:

	- MT templates are usually HTML based templates, so I invoke the
HTML bundle rules too-- however, some MT tags aren't syntax
highlighted properly since they're really "embedded" in the HTML
syntax.  For example:

	<tag><$MTTag$></tag>

	That's no problem.  But this isn't processed right:

	<tag attribute="<$MTTag$>">

	The embedded mt tag is never seen.  Is there a way to handle this
without modifying the HTML bundle itself?

	- When you create a new file using one of the supplied MT file
templates, the syntax mode is left as HTML, not Movable Type.  Is
there a way to force the Movable Type syntax?

	- I wish it were more obvious how to customize the colors for the MT
tags.  The user has to set these up manually.  If TextMate were to
scan for available scopes and at least list them as inactive in the
color preferences tab, that would be phenomenal.

	- What on earth is the key to use for the TextMate "Edit in
TextMate" service? It looks like Command + A caret with a bar on top
of it. What is that key?  I also can't make out the key shown for
Ruby's "embed string variable" snippet. Or the key to use for the
"Web Searches" bundle.

Thanks!
-Brad