[TxMt] Dvorak/Querty Keyboard Layout

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Aug 30 19:24:45 UTC 2005

On 30/08/2005, at 19.57, Andre Behrens wrote:

> [...] When I use DQ, I tend to get some sort of commenting. If I
> switch back to regular querty, I get the results I expect.

I wasn't aware of the DQ hybrid until recently. Unfortunately I have
no clue about how I am supposed to handle the key equivalents for
this to work.

A key event is available as the character representation with and
without the modifier keys. I use it without the modifier keys, which
is wrong for command keys with DQ, since then I get the Dvorak key.
Unfortunately, if I use it with the modifier keys, it would mean that
a key like option-R would really be ® (on the US keymap), which is
also wrong.

I haven't seen any way to do things like, ask for characters without
modifiers except the command key, which would seem to be the proper
way to handle this.

I don't suppose anyone on this list knows how about this?