[TxMt] [feature request] back & forward buttons / history steps

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Aug 23 03:06:44 UTC 2005

On 22/08/2005, at 18.39, Gerd Knops wrote:

>> PROBLEM:
>> The feature of all mac apps that I use the most is search.
>> Specifically find selection & find again. I use that feature to
>> step through every instance of that selection throughout my code.
>> One feature that I would love to see is a back button for selections.
> I am hoping that the upcoming API will allow me to write a plugin
> that does something like that.
> [...]

Just to add my comments: personally I use a combination of scroll (w/
o moving the caret -- which is ctrl-cmd-option arrow keys) and cmd-J
to return, bookmarks, or the undo/redo trick -- but Gerd's approach
does sound like a more elegant/universal solution, so I'd of course
be happy to listen to his API requests (when I find time to do the
initial plugin infrastructure -- which starts to look like an
intermediate 1.1.1 release, perhaps with 1.1.2 doing syntax HL for
printing, and then on to 1.2).