[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 11, Issue 26

minimal.design work at minimaldesign.net
Fri Aug 19 05:16:49 UTC 2005

> Can you drag from e.g. Mail's compose window w/o problems, or do you
> experience the same deselecting problem there?

No - After a little comparison, I'd say Mail is more tolerant about
the ever so slight moves of the cursor coming from the use of the
Intuos tablet.  If I'm careful not to move at all in TextMate, it
works fine, but if I just work as usual, 1 out of 3 times, it will
deselect...  In Mail, it just works perfectly...

I pulled out my old mouse from the box to compare and, as I
suspected, I don't have the same problem.  I guess that's enough to
confirm my suppositions.

I suggested the idea of a pref for the app so that people who like
the default behavior won't see any modification as a regression.
Although the problem might not effect a majority of the TextMate
users (how many people use tablets for everything on their
computer?), it is still a very fundamental part of the feature set.
That's why I believe it deserves a little attention (read: "slider" :)