[TxMt] Feature request: Remembrance Agent

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Apr 20 16:26:51 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 19:49, Hannu Rajaniemi wrote:

> [...] As the core of the system consists of two non-Emacs-related
> binaries, I was wondering if it would be possible to duplicate the
> Emacs frontend in TextMate?

Probably, but as a command you'd manually have to invoke to get the
results -- of course you could always change e.g. return to call the
command and then insert a return, to get it called for each new line
you write.

> Speaking of things which Emacs has but TextMate doesn't at the moment,
> how about abbrevs? I'd like to be able to replace common misspelled
> words (the for teh and so on) automatically, and under Emacs I have a
> big abbrev file that does this. Could one do this e.g. with input
> patterns?

Yes, that'd be possible with input patterns, although it'd need to be a
bundle with a bunch of macros, one for each abbrev with the abbrev +
e.g. \W (non-word character) as input pattern and the actual item a
macro that goes back and changes the typed abbrev. This could of course
be auto-generated from a list, but there's likely going to be a more
elegant alternative in the future (which comes after the future in
which input patterns are implemented, which is a nearer future ;) ).