[TxMt] columnar selection/typing, and indent request

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Apr 1 21:09:01 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 1:02 PM, Dameron Midgette wrote:

>     And while I have you, I write more prose than anything in TM
> (great outliner!). Are hanging indents a possiblity? (Quite
> possibly not useful for your target market, but I thought i'd
> ask...) When writing todos or outlining, having the line wrap one
> tab stop indented keeps it very clear where lines start and end.

Me too. That would make files with long source code lines a lot more
readable. Xcode had optional hanging indents for wrapped lines, which
was nice. To surpass Xcode's implementation, TM could take note of
the current indentation level and indent one stop past it. (Seems
obvious, but Xcode doesn't do it...).

(I seem to recall that someone requested this feature previously.)

Chris