[TxMt] Re: document tabs redux / wish list [in a new thread ?]

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Apr 1 17:45:17 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 15:20, David Lee wrote:

>>> I'd love to see a good regular expression composer (Komodo does this
>>> superbly, Kdevelop well too).

I think such a thing could just as well be an external tool.

> Autocompletion, when it works really well (knows the available methods
> of the object you've just typed; knows the classes & variables you've
> defined on this page and elsewhere in the project) is one of the best
> things an editor can do for you.
>
> It's also probably insanely involved and language-specific, so the
> best we could hope for is a well-considered, powerful way for bundles
> to get this done with a minimum of overhead or inconsistency. I'm not
> sure what's currently possible or planned here but it's not doing what
> i wished for out-of-the-box.

Well yes -- it's certainly planned, but let's take one thing at a time.
If you've followed this mailing list you should know that I do have my
plate full with stuff I need to do.

> If i wish to paste the second-last thing i copied, I should be able to
> tap cmd-shift-v twice and end up only with the thing i wanted to paste
> on the screen.

hmm... actually I quite often do multiple copy's and then paste them
all at once (when I want to collect a list or similar), so I wouldn't
actually like this behavior. But I understand others might appreciate
it, I'll consider how I can allow something like this in the future.

> The clipboard viewer is great, but not in that context.

Cmd-option-shift-V to open it, use arrow keys to go to the item you
want, and press return. Now it's pasted.