[TxMt] quote matching

Carl Forde cforde at telus.net
Sat Oct 30 16:49:15 UTC 2004

> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:58:15 -0600 (MDT)
> From: William Douglas Neumann <wdnx at unm.edu>

>>There already is a feature for this: when you move over a parens/brace/etc,
>>the matching one lights up briefly.
>
> Although this could be improved as well.  Right now, the hilighting only
> occurs when you move forward over the closing member of the pair (unless
> I'm missing a menu option somewhere), instead of either direction over
> either opening or closing members.  BTW:  Consider this a feature request,
> if it's not already an option, and a plea for guidance otherwise.

This feature is too "subtle" for me. I have great difficulty finding
the matched character. I like the way S-E-E does it: a double click on
a paren/brace/bracket selects the contents of the pair. This is very
clear and potentially very useful if you want to relocate the text.

I *reallyyyy* like putting paired characters around selected text.
That has become one of my favourite features. It makes writing nested
conditionals very easy. No more counting pairs. Selecting text between
pairs would be a nice counterpart. Hmmm, would also be useful for
single and double quotes too....

Have fun,
Carl