[TxMt] Tab Always Indent and indent-region

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Fri Oct 29 05:43:39 UTC 2004

On 29/10/2004, at 3:29 PM, Travis P wrote:

> Two marvelously useful features that I use heavily for programming all
> kinds of language in Emacs and XEmacs are:
>  - Tab Always Indent: when this option is on, hitting the TAB key
> always just indents the current line
>  - indent-region: re-indent the selection

I'm not entirely sure what each of these feature are (can you get more
specific?), but I *think* that both issue might be solved with TM's
column selection tool.

I can select the first char of every line in a block, hit "tab" and it
will indent all selected lines by one tab.

> TextMate looks like a good start and might find a nice niche.  It's a
> bit rough around the edges at the moment.  And I find it hard to work
> without the two indent features I mention above.  Maybe I should add
> them to the Feature requests page?

Rather than "a bit rough around the edges", how about you get
specific... Allan and the rest of us who help out can't possibly read
your mind :)  It's still in it's infancy, but Allan has worked really
hard to implement all sane feature requests.

Justin