[TxMt] Rectangular selections paste badly

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Oct 28 20:45:23 UTC 2004

On 28. Oct 2004, at 20:52, Drew McLellan wrote:

> I can see how this special paste mode could be very useful, but I
> don't think it should be the default.

It's what I want 90% of the time. The reason for making it default is
that you can easily work around it by first inserting empty lines --
it's not likewise possible to "obtain" the column-paste by workarounds.

I did at one time consider adding a qualifier to make a "regular
paste", but cmd-v is already too overloaded with the clipboard history.

Kind regards Allan