[TxMt] Re: copy/paste between documents bug

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Oct 26 21:56:19 UTC 2004

On 26. Oct 2004, at 23:26, kumar mcmillan wrote:

> when copying and pasting text from one document to another document in
> a project, the pasted text gets shifted to the right one column.

Disable “Indented Paste” from the Behavior menu.

It tries to match the indent level of where you paste -- some
improvements could probably be made though (I think it fails to
properly treat spaces and tabs transparently).

> also... if you select several lines of text (like the require
> statement + comments above), then choose Text > Move Selection >
> Column Right, TextMate only moves the first line, not all lines of the
> selection.  The same thing happens for Text > Move Selection > Column
> Left.

Yes, move column left/right only makes real sense for either selecting
sub-lines (e.g. words) or doing a columnar selection.

Kind regards Allan