[TxMt] Re: [TextMate] workarounds for lack of (s)ftp/external editing support?

Jonas M Luster jluster at jluster.org
Mon Oct 25 21:32:03 UTC 2004

Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I've also played shortly with this, I was actually awaiting six lines of
> code that Jonas mentioned on his blog, but it seems he's forgotten about
> me, so I should probably continue my own work instead...

Hmm, I sent it to allan at macromates.com. Strange. It's actually a bit
more, if you don't have AE receivers setup, yet. But you're right,
unless Transmit adds TextMate as an editor, it's pretty much moot.

> Apple Events (especially catching the 'odoc' event) are not exactly nice
> from Cocoa applications, and it seems Transmit only supports a hardcoded
> list of editors, so I can't even test TextMate with their program (and a
> 'file' can have several "representations" when sent as an apple event,
> so testing is rather crucial).

Agreed. Contacting Adriaan Tijselling, whose ecto supports odoc, as
well, might be another idea.

> I hear that Interarchy has the ability to mount an (s)ftp disk, similar
> to the Finder, but with write-support.

Unfortunately, WebDAV sucks executable bits, otherwise that's another
way to go.

jonas

--
Dr. Jonas M Luster  -- http://www.jluster.org |   Technology Heathen
AIM: ibloodlore -- Skype: jluster             |        Social Zealot