[TextMate] Printing options?

Andre Posumentov andre at alpdesignworks.com
Mon Oct 25 16:09:00 UTC 2004

On 24 Oct 2004, at 23:27, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> So after a few days of (hopefully) well deserved vacation, I'm back to
> TM development, and I'm currently adding support for printing.

Definitely well deserved!

> But printing plain text from a plain text editor is really alien to me
> ;) so I was curious, what options do people expect to see?

These would be top of my list (in rough order of importance):

- The ability to select different fonts for display and print  (Nice to
reduce the size of long printouts)

- Line numbers

- Some flexibility in defining headers / footers (File / path name,
modification date / page number / total pages)

- A switch to right-justify soft-wrapped lines

- The ability to switch syntax highlighting on or off when printing, or
perhaps the ability to select a different form of highlighting.
(Highlighting can look pretty awful on paper - depending on the font.
Printouts are often clearest with just the class / method / function
declarations in bold - for easy reference).

- Some form of control over orphans / widows (agree with the comments
from José and Justin)

Cheers  all,
-- Andre