[TextMate] Re: Printing options?

Jackie Chappell jmchappell at mac.com
Mon Oct 25 08:21:44 UTC 2004

>> Insert header in every page of the document with file path, date
>> last saved, insert page footer with page number and total number of
>> page of the document etc...
>
> And if this header was customisable with TM_* variables (and some new
> vars), etc etc, that would be great.

I second this idea, and I also think that print options should be
relatively simple: use the document font and tabs, and allow a choice
of printing with syntax highlighting on or off (or just use the
greyscale Quartz filter). There should also be an option to print to
PDF, as in the standard MacOS X Print dialog.

Would it also be possible to print from the web preview? I often write
short notes for others in Markdown, so that I can send them a
marginally more pretty version to them as hard copy or PDF, but keep a
simple text file for myself. It would be nice to be able to print it
from the rendered web preview, without having to render it as a
separate HTML file, open that in a browser and print from there.

Jackie

--
Jackie Chappell
jmchappell at mac.com