[TextMate] cool tip & bug

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Sun Oct 24 06:42:59 UTC 2004

1. I think the program rocks.

2. I was writing some HTML and I had the need to have a command that
jumped to the *inside* of the next tag. I couldn't figure out how to
do this in TM (or any other editor), playing with snippets and Perl
shell command ideas until I realized I could record a macro that did:

find <(.*?)> as regular expression
hit left arrow (to go to start of found selection), hit right arrow
(to skip over the <)
find [^>]* to select all characters up to the >.

It works just great.

3. In some corner of my head I feel like snippets, macros and
commands should really all be one type of automation entity. I'm not
sure how to do that, but it's a little confusing to have so much
power distributed across three different kinds of triggers...

4. Actual interface bug (in my opinion). If you start a selection,
say in the middle of the screen, and drag up past the window top, TM
should select everything up through the first character of the
document. Instead, it only selects up to the first line stopping at
the original column.

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu