[TextMate] Web Preview Enhancements -> output of a command

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Fri Oct 22 15:48:24 UTC 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Dominique Peretti wrote:

> I do'nt use web preview neither (who still writes static html ??) BUT
> I would if the web preview could be used as the output of a custom
> TextMate command.
> One could the call a script whose output would be well designed html
> to display a complex error log, for instance.

Just my opinion but why not let your command do this instead?  you
could pipe it to safari or end in `open -a Safari /tmp/error_test.html`

While I'm at it .. I would also vote to not put too much development
into WebPreview since Safari is only a command-tab + command-R away....
unless there was a feature like SubEthaEdit that did WebPreview in
realtime as you type.