[TextMate] Syntax higlighting overriden by 1.0.1?

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Thu Oct 21 15:23:39 UTC 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 9:48 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 21. Oct 2004, at 16:30, jeremy*pinnix wrote:
>
>> I'm not using any custom HTML or PHP bundles, and my HTML(PHP) syntax
>> coloring is using a dark background now as well...
>
> Ah, my bad! It's the Smarty.tmbundle which has its own style for HTML
> (PHP), I didn't notice that :(
>
> From a terminal, write (one line):
>    mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\
> Support/TextMate/Bundles/Smarty.tmbundle/Syntaxes
>
> Then it'll be gone (alternatively remove it from the TextMate.app by
> using Show Package Contents and navigate to Contents -> SharedSupport
> -> Bundles)!

from my experience, I had to actually go into the
TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Smarty.tmbundle/Syntaxes
and delete the HTML-PHP.plist.
Smarty.tmbundle did not exist in ~/Library/Application Support when I
installed 1.01

furthermore ... I had my own bundle in the ~/Library which was not
overriding the HTML-PHP.plist which would seem to be the correct
behavior, no?  As soon as I deleted the TextMate.app Smarty
HTML-PHP.plist, my custom HTML-PHP.plist was activated.

I think someone mentioned this before but I am still curious:  how does
TextMate decide which plist in a ~/Library bundle will override
another?