[TextMate] Set Mark

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Oct 21 12:35:45 UTC 2004

On 21. Oct 2004, at 6:53, Wayne Larsen wrote:

> [....] One thing that gets me though is that 'Set Mark' does not seem
> to work properly.

Yes, emacs-style marks is not implemented yet, but is noted as a
request.

> What do other people use to select text without using the mouse?  I
> could hold down shift, but then that blocks me from using my other
> bindings (^p and ^n for line up and down respectively).  Is shift and
> the arrow keys the only option?

Currently yes, apart from the various select word/line/paragraph/all.

Though you can bind e.g. ^P to move up and select and likewise for ^N.
But I don't know if that'll help much.

I don't think it'll take that long before I get around to the
emacs-type marking, since they'll provide more flexibility in macros
with regard to selecting up to a point, found by a search.

Kind regards Allan