[TextMate] Heuristic for smart typing pairs

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Wed Oct 20 16:00:12 UTC 2004

On 21/10/2004, at 12:41 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> You got my vote. I'm all for the only surrounded by whitespace option.

"only surrounded by white space" doesn't work -- consider something
like $foo[' which smart typing should match with '] automatically, yet
neither the [ or ' are surrounded by white space.

"only FOLLOWED by white space" is a bit better, but still doesn't work

"only surrounded by white space or other smart typing pairs" is a lot
better

... but I think in practice, it will take a lot of thinking before a
real solution is found... no quick patch here :)

Justin