[TextMate] tabs, tabs, tabs

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Tue Oct 19 00:17:40 UTC 2004

On 18/10/2004, at 11:32 PM, Andrew Green wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:02:35 +1000, Justin French wrote:
>
>> For what it's worth (Drew, et al), yes, I'd love to have the selected
>> tab bleed into the document, but Allan doesn't dig it, and it does
>> have some issues in regards to the colour of the document (eg Ruby's
>> black) which are a not exactly simple to work around.
>
> I think the reason this seems necessary is the way that the tabs adjoin
> the document area.  You'll notice that Safari puts the tabs the other
> way up, so that they adjoin the toolbar instead.

Yes, but it's a flawed analogy for "tabs" and their function.  You only
think it works well in Safari because

a) Apple did it
b) You're used to it
c) You're probably an above-average user you translated Safari's tab
analogy back to what you know about tabs.

Sorry, but I don't see the logic in upside-down tabs unless they're at
the bottom of a document.

Justin