[TextMate] tabs, tabs, tabs

Andrew Green andrew at article7.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:32:23 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:02:35 +1000, Justin French wrote:

> For what it's worth (Drew, et al), yes, I'd love to have the selected
> tab bleed into the document, but Allan doesn't dig it, and it does
> have some issues in regards to the colour of the document (eg Ruby's
> black) which are a not exactly simple to work around.

I think the reason this seems necessary is the way that the tabs adjoin
the document area.  You'll notice that Safari puts the tabs the other
way up, so that they adjoin the toolbar instead.

Admittedly, TM doesn't have a toolbar, but I do wonder if the tabs
would work the other way up anyway, adjoining the window title bar
rather than the document area.  Sadly, no mockup is forthcoming from me
on this!

It could be a really bad idea, of course.  I'm just wondering.

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
                   ::