[TextMate] Couple little gnats

Jeroen jeroen at je-ju.net
Mon Oct 18 07:35:38 UTC 2004

Phil Aaronson wrote:
> Sure, the output is plain text. I'm there. But TextMate doesn't exist in
> a vacuum. We all use word processors. Take vim (I'm not a BBEdit user
> which may be adding to my confusion here), if I fold some text in vim,
> say ':.,.+5 fo' to fold the next 5 lines under the cursor. Undo ('u')
> undoes the fold. Its what I've been trained to expect.

You're right, I thought Vim did not put folding on the undo stack, but it
does indeed.

However, I still don't think it should be put on the undo stack, simply
because it doesn't have anything to do with the text itself.

And word processors != text editors, there's a world of difference between
them.

Jeroen.