[TextMate] Interface changes and Folding

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Oct 17 10:50:31 UTC 2004

On 17. Oct 2004, at 5:00, Hans Petter Eikemo wrote:

> Differencing background-color of the folding column from the rest of
> the gutter, would also be nice.. I believe :)

Yes, this I liked very much in the mockup you did.

However, the gutter may contain any combination of bookmark stars, line
numbers, folding markers, and soft wrap indicators. So it's not obvious
to me how to best introduce the separator lines.

Probably _only_ the folding markers should have its own gutter-column,
and the rest should be on the normal darkened window stripes (w/o
separator lines inbetween).

Currently, if line numbers are disabled, I'm using the folding markers
column for soft wrap indicators, which wouldn't really work if I
changed it to have the separator line!?! OTOH this is only when folding
markers are the only item in the gutter, and in that case, I could
render it slightly differently.

I'm also not sure what color to put in the folding markers row --
you've made it white on your mockups, but IMO that wouldn't look good
when the document background is dark.

Comments? Images? :)

Kind regards Allan