[TextMate] Open current file through http://localhost/ (was: TextMate v1.0 Feedback)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Oct 16 18:36:23 UTC 2004

On 16. Oct 2004, at 20:15, Max wrote:

> I'm developing a web application in PHP. Is there any chance to work
> on a php page, and then see if it works through
> http://localhost/mypage with a command? Just like F12 from
> Dreamweaver... Or do I have to switch to Safari and click on the
> bookmark I made?

I don't know what Dreamweaver does on F12, but you can do a command
like this:

open `echo $TM_FILEPATH | sed
"s|.*/$USER/Sites/\(.*\)|http://localhost/~$USER/\1|"`

Before running command: probably save ;)
Input/output: none/discard

If you are editing a page named:
    /Users/max/Sites/project/page.php

It will open Safari (if default browser) and point it to:
    http://localhost/~max/project/page.php

And you can of course assign F12 to this command.

Kind regards Allan

P.S. Generally send these type of questions to the mailing list: