[TextMate] Feature - managing the snippets

Rich Barton richbarton at mac.com
Thu Oct 14 19:31:15 UTC 2004

On 14 Oct 2004, at 20:21, profprof at mac.com wrote:

> Just a proposal regarding the snippets.
>
> It would be most useful if the snippets were only active when their
> respective mode is active. This way, the same trigger could be used
> for various modes and applications.

Wow, I was just about to post the exact same suggestion on the wiki.
I'll still post it there anyway, assuming you haven't beaten me to it
:-)

> For example, the trigger "table" being already used for html, it
> cannot be currently used for Latex. However, if the triggers were tied
> to a mode, we could use the same trigger, simplifying our lifes.

I was thinking of 'if'; just about every language supports some kind of
'if' statement, so there's huge potential for clashes there, and with
just about every other control structure, in fact.

Rich Barton