[TextMate] [RFC] Drag actions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Oct 12 05:39:30 UTC 2004

FYI: RFC = Request For Comments.

Based on recent input I suggest that I add a new list of 'drag actions'.

This will be similar to commands in that it's just a shell command TM
will execute (with the normal TM-variables, adding one for the path of
(the) dragged file(s) and one for the modifier keys).

The output options will also be as for commands, although I'll be
adding a new output option: Insert as Snippet (this will be added to
all the shell executions where you can select what to do with the
output).

A drag-action can set a regex to be matched against the current file
and the dragged file, if both match, the drag action will be executed
(this should probably be a prioritized list instead of TM showing a
menu when multiple actions could be applied, since it's likely one
wants to do 'catch all' rules).

Additionally there should probably be an option to set whether the drag
action can work with multiple files (and if this is not set, it will be
executed once for every file).

Kind regards Allan