[TextMate] Feature Request

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Oct 12 05:10:22 UTC 2004

On 12. Oct 2004, at 5:28, Chris Thomas wrote:

> What would be nice is a per-language drag hook. For example, for shell
> scripts, I'd like to have the raw path of a file or folder, rather
> than the file content or directory listing. For XML, I might want a
> relative XPath, calculated from project root.

Yes, something like this is what I'd prefer. I'm not going to hardcode
HTML-support into TextMate in a way that makes it do image markup. But
I _would_ like to make a general system that allows HTML users to
achieve the same (and we'll just put this in the default
HTML.tmbundle).

> (And then, of course, we need a $TM_MODIFIER_KEYS variable to allow
> modification of drop behavior...)

Ah, nice touch!

Kind regards Allan