[TextMate] Updating TextMate?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Oct 10 11:28:23 UTC 2004

On 10. Oct 2004, at 13:18, bongoman wrote:

>> sadly, I can´t think of any viable solution at this point. :)
> I'm not really looking forward to having to update my
> ~/Library/Application Support TM bundles with any new stuff from the
> application package bundles for each & every point release of Textmate
> and yet that's what it seems we'll have to do.

I don't think it's as bad as you predict.  It's not like you'll make a
copy of all default bundles, change a lot of things, and then we'll
likewise change a lot of things in the default for the next release,
and somehow you want our changes and keep your own as well!?!

I think I'm convinced that I'll separate styles from rules _before_ I
do the syntax-makeover, so hopefully that should soon cure the need for
having "normal users" modify the syntaxes (to change the visuals).

Also, if you have e.g. a default HTML bundle and you make a local HTML
bundle, it'll overshadow the default stuff on a per directory-basis.
So if you only make macros in your local copy, it'll only be the macros
directory you'll need to update if you want some of the new defaults.

Kind regards Allan