[TextMate] Viewing PHP output

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Sun Oct 10 10:25:28 UTC 2004

On 10/10/2004, at 11:13 AM, Mike Boutté wrote:

> Hello - new b question:
>
> Is there a way to:
> 1 - route the preview browser through a local server that server side
> capabilities are displayed
> 2 - turn off display of code such as PHP that the browser currently
> interpets as text.

Mike,

Instead of the web preview, use Safari, and use the "Reload in Safari"
command in the commands menu (it will be renamed "Refresh Safari" in
1.0.1), which we assigned to Command-R.

Here's a basic workflow for me...

1. Open up a project in TM
2. Open up a local copy of the website project in Safari (eg
http://clientname.localhost/blah.php)
3. Do some work in TM
4. Hit Command-R in TM (switches to Safari and refreshes the front
window)
5. Check out the results
6. Hit Command-Tab to switch back to TM

Eventually, TM's preview will be able to "listen" to URLs, I hear :)

Justin