[TextMate] ActionScript for TextMate

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Oct 9 13:00:06 UTC 2004

On 9. Oct 2004, at 14:53, Hans Petter Eikemo wrote:

> is it not possible to do a file test operation, to check if it is
> binary?

At best only a heuristic. But mixed with encodings, I'm not sure how
reliable this will be.

> it could still show in the list, perhaps possible to view with external
> editor, and/or with "File appears to be binary, open anyway?" warning

For Rob's purpose, where he wants the files in the list, to be able to
execute commands on these, it probably would be quite irritating with
such a requester, each time he selects a .fla file.

Kind regards Allan
--
    http://macromates.com/          :::  TextMate, OS X text editor
    http://macromates.com/sigpipe/  :::  Personal weblog about