[TextMate] ActionScript for TextMate

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Oct 9 12:36:40 UTC 2004

On 9. Oct 2004, at 10:42, Rob Bevan wrote:

> This adds syntax colouring and a 'Test Movie in Flash' command, so you
> can select a .fla file in your project and have it open and run in
> Flash

I'm assuming you're using $TM_FILEPATH for this? This is the file path
of the file open in the editor. It sounds like I should introduce
$TM_PROJECT_SELECTED_FILE(S) or similar for such type of actions?

> [...] Unfortunately, at the moment, .fla files (and all other binary
> files I guess) display as text, but you guys will fix that soon, yes?

Yes, this will be fixed in 1.0.1, although I'm not entirely sure what
the best fix is, there are (at least) 3 solutions:

  1) only open files declared in the Info.plist
     disadvantage: what about .htaccess, .bashrc, etc.
  2) give a regex for known good types
     disadvantages: similar to #1, but may be easier to change
  3) give a regex for known bad types
     disadvantages: many files can still be opened as text, since this
list can't be exhaustive

> BTW, I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this (haven't had a
> chance to go back through the hundreds of posts on this list!), but
> double-clicking a bundle errors if the ~/Library/Application
> Suppport/TextMate/Bundles directory doesn't exist (and there's a
> spelling mistake in the error dialog: "An error occurred WHY copying
> the bundle".

Fixed that 20 minutes ago! :)

Kind regards Allan