[TextMate] Feature request: undo/redo

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Oct 8 06:08:42 UTC 2004

On 8. Oct 2004, at 7:03, Michael A. Alderete wrote:

> I'm curious if there is any practical reason why having
> character-by-character Undo is actually useful.

You can get to every intermediate editing step. I just had a case in
Mail where I wanted to go back to an intermediate editing step, but
that wasn't possible, and that state contained text which wasn't
present in either ends of the block.

Not sure how it happened though.

But there'll be an option for block-undo in the future, knowing how
frustrated I am with block-undo, I figure fans of this mode would be
likewise frustrated by char-by-char undo.

Kind regards Allan