[TextMate] Why is all the background colours dark ????

Caio Chassot k at v2studio.com
Fri Oct 8 01:21:35 UTC 2004

James Spahr wrote:
> I should also state that these work for me, probably more based on my
> typeface choice than any sort of personal bais. (I'm using Vera Sans
> Mono). I've never coded on a dark background before, but I'm finding it
> very comfortable. I originally tried very hard to get something handsome
> and functional on a light background -- I failed miserably, so this is
> why I have a dark background.

I'm in for the dark bg too.

It took a while for me to get used to the white background editors when
I was forced to dump Turbo Pascal 6 (blue bg) and come to the real world.

But really, what was really great was Pascal 3, which had black background.

(I think they're not wrong when they say it's hang over from the old days :)

All the reasons you listed about contrast and apparent boldness are
true. My eyes struggle to see any difference in color in SubEthaEdit. In
TM (ruby) they are glaring.