[TextMate] Why there is no preferences window (was: Preferences window)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Oct 7 21:32:00 UTC 2004

On 7. Oct 2004, at 14:56, Andrew Green wrote:

This mail only to clarify! No need to reply!

> Seriously, the menus give no indication whatever of what's going to be
> remembered and what isn't.  If my overwrite settings get applied across
> all documents

The changes only affect the current and new documents.

> and are remembered until I notice that I need to switch
> them back, why doesn't the syntax colouring option do the same?

The difference with syntax coloring is that it remembers per file
extension.

So if you load a .h file and change "Syntax Highlight as" from e.g. C++
to ObjectiveC, all future .h files will be colored like that.

Part of me would like all settings to work like that, part of me thinks
it'll be perceived as very non-deterministic (and IMHO only really
useful for soft wrap).

Kind regards Allan