[TextMate] Preferences solution

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Thu Oct 7 18:36:50 UTC 2004

On 7/10-2004, at 20:32, Eric Ocean wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2004, at 11:16 AM, Michael Gregoire wrote:
>> I also think that if needs to be explained, then there is definitely
>> a design flaw.
>
> I'm not sure where this bit of "wisdom" originated, but it's simply
> not true [...]
> [...] The number one job of any UI designer is to establish a
> "contract" of sorts with the user as to how the software works, and
> then to make damn sure that it actually does. That's much harder than
> it looks, but it's where greatness lies. TextMate's developers at
> least seem to be on the path...

I think your mail is really spot-on, Eric (and not just the part I
quoted) :-). I also agree that, as long as there is no preferences
(they won't come up in two days as 1.0.1 or anything like that), it is
a good solution in the meantime. Now let's see what Allan thinks about
it :-).

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"