[TextMate] Why is all the background colours dark ????

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Thu Oct 7 12:40:34 UTC 2004

On 7/10-2004, at 14:34, Johan Sörensen wrote:

> It's dark times these days! ;)

Hehe... Yes maybe, but actually I like the dark (not black)
backgrounds. Especially on C and C++, since it allows you to use both
black and white as highlight colors for syntax :-).

> Personally I think that something like background/foreground colour
> should be global and not per-language basis. But the syntax system
> will apparently get some kind of overhaul in a Future Version™ I
> believe...

Yes but making those global can easily interfere with different
languages. Of course if ALL your highlights use a black-on-white
approach, maybe not... but then you want a teal background and some
syntax highlight uses it as a foreground, etc. A more feasible
approach, I think, is to make colors for syntax highlight in general
more "global" in the sense that you can gather (named) colors in one
place, and use them in all highlight bundles. I believe something like
that (although not necessarily in that form) is on the idea-board for
SyntaxHighlight-ng™.

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"