[TextMate] Why is all the background colours dark ????

Johan Sörensen johans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:34:54 UTC 2004

It's dark times these days! ;)

Personally I think that something like background/foreground colour
should be global and not per-language basis. But the syntax system
will apparently get some kind of overhaul in a Future Version™ I
believe...

If you don't feel like messing around too much with the language
bundles you check out the ones I made from the default bundles at
http://theexciter.com/ (one dark, one bright), they could spare you,
or anyone else, a bit of work perhaps...

/johan

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:00:50 +0100, Mats Persson <mats at imediatec.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded the PHP & Smarty syntax bundle, and found that it too
> was based on a dark background.  Can someone please explain this
> seeming 'obsession' with dark backgrounds when 99% of all other apps
> are the basic white background with black/coloured text ???
>
> What is it that I don't get about it ???  (I personally find it very
> hard to read text that way.)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mats

Johan Sørensen