HTML, auto-complete and snippets (was Re: [TextMate] (no subject))

timothy martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 06:51:06 UTC 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 6:54 AM, marc wrote:

> Perhaps if I were able to group items in the Snippet and Macro menus
> that might help, but they're already one level down in the menu...
>
> I tend to find the Macro and Snippet menus a little bit awkward being
> buried one level down (more so because the Macro menu jumps to the
> left, because it is long.) It seems that these are the two areas that
> will focus a lot of extension effort, and while it's logical to have
> them under automate, maybe there could be some thoughts on how they
> might be made a little more accessible...?

Marc - I think we're sharing DNA, everything you've written on the list
express my needs and sentiments to a tee. I can see how the
macros/snippets will be developing exponentially. Perhaps it should be
an option to hav them in their own floating palettes?

Boy Allan, you sure have a lot of reading to do. What a busy first 24
hours!