[TextMate] First impressions

timothy martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 06:31:00 UTC 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> With regard to the web preview, what I do for CSS is that I open a new
> single file window with the CSS file (just drag it from the project
> outline to the TM icon) and thus bind the preview to the "main"
> project's document -- but you're right, I'm not really doing HTML,
> CSS, etc. that often, so much of this functionality was made based on
> my own rather primitive needs :)  But it'll be refined!

Allan - definitely have a look at the way Topstyle (PC) handles browser
previews. Not only is there a live preview pain (think frameset) which
you show/hide or resize (also choose which rendering engine to use: IE,
Gecko) but you can preview the file in the actual browser of your
choice on a case by case basis. For example, after you have mapped all
your browsers in the preferences, when you want to preview,  you hit a
key (spacebar) which brings up a horizontal oriented dialog showing the
browsers you've assigned. You then choose which one to launch based on
it's #

Hit space to launch dialog:  1 - Internet Explorer   2 - Firefox   3 -
Mozilla   4 - Opera    5 - Safari  : )

It's VERY well implemented.