[TextMate] First impressions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Oct 7 05:30:26 UTC 2004

On 6. Oct 2004, at 18:52, Eric Curtis wrote:

> Keep up the great work. I would be very interested in feedback about
> my suggestions from the developer and if they are on the table to be
> taken care of I would strongly consider purchasing a copy now.

Your feedback sounds reasonable! Although often requested, the code
hinting is probably not before 1.3, because I think it'll take some
time for me to come up with a good system for support of multiple
language, and right now I'm not taking a 2-4 weeks research &
experiment break... ;)

I liked the thing about dragging images to the editor!

With regard to the web preview, what I do for CSS is that I open a new
single file window with the CSS file (just drag it from the project
outline to the TM icon) and thus bind the preview to the "main"
project's document -- but you're right, I'm not really doing HTML, CSS,
etc. that often, so much of this functionality was made based on my own
rather primitive needs :)  But it'll be refined!

Kind regards Allan