Congrats and text modes (was Re: [TextMate] Congratulations)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Oct 6 11:40:54 UTC 2004

On 6. Oct 2004, at 12:46, Brian Lalor wrote:

> Is there a command in TM to reload a bundle?  Relaunching TM everytime
> I tweak a regexp could be a little painful.

Highly requested, but unfortunately not yet :\

However, when you test regexps, use the regex find from within TextMate
to validate that the patterns match correctly. This should make it much
easier.

Just remember to double escape all escapes before placing them in the
property list.

> Does (or will) TM support smart tabs, backspace, and braces a la Emacs?

TextMate supports normal auto-indent, and you can have the indent
increased by specifying a regular expression in the language syntax
file which should match all lines that cause an extra indent for the
next line.

But currently it's probably not as clever about indentation as emacs.

Kind regards Allan