Congrats and text modes (was Re: [TextMate] Congratulations)

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Wed Oct 6 10:46:59 UTC 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:39 AM, allan at ghostgum.com wrote:

> Well done guys. I came, I saw, I bought.

I'm on the verge of buying.  I'm a java developer and I'm in my editor
(Emacs on OS X, currently) most of the day.  Making the jump will be a
huge deal for me...

> First impressions have been very impressive.

Ditto.  As stated by the primary developers already, however, the
language support is a little thin, at the moment.  I'll probably take a
whack at Java, Java Properties, and XML syntaxes today (in order of
easiness...).  Has anyone started work on this already?

Is there a command in TM to reload a bundle?  Relaunching TM everytime
I tweak a regexp could be a little painful.

Does (or will) TM support smart tabs, backspace, and braces a la Emacs?
  That, quite frankly, will be a deal-breaker for me, if it doesn't.  I
live and die by those mode customizations...

I'm really excited by what I'm seeing here!

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor at bravo5.org