[TxMt] Preventing new blank document

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Nov 13 13:39:04 UTC 2004

On 13. Nov 2004, at 8:47, Michael A. Alderete wrote:

> It certainly makes sense for *some* applications to do this. iTunes.
> iCal.
> System Preferences. Probably a web browser (Safari and Firefox both do
> it).

The reason why it makes sense is to alert the user that the application
has finished launching.

> Anyway, FWIW, I find the current behavior irritating, and wish it would
> stop. Sometimes I just want to open something, not create something
> new.
> Having to close a blank document first is just annoying.

If you open the file directly, the blank document won't appear. If you
open the file after the blank document has appeared, it will _replace_
the blank document, so no need to manually close it (this behavior is
also required by AHIG).

Anyway, there's an option in beta 4 to choose the behavior.