[TxMt] CTRL-k behaviour

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Nov 7 13:34:28 UTC 2004

On 7. Nov 2004, at 13:22, Michael Stillwell wrote:

>> spell-word (M-$)—checks spelling
>> There is the "checkSpelling:" action method. This will select the next
>> misspelled word (starting from the caret).
> spell-word checks the spelling of the word under the cursor; I like
> this because it's  compatible with editing source code.

Okay, checkSpelling: is also sort of compatible, in that it does check
the spelling of the word under the caret, but if it's spelled
correctly, it moves on to the next, until it finds a misspelled one --
so generally it's usable even when most of the text is code (the
“spelled correctly” indication is then just that it selects the next
word).

How does emacs indicate correct spelling of a word?