[TxMt] CTRL-k behaviour

Michael Stillwell ithinkihaveacat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:22:52 UTC 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 02:17:34 +0100, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 7. Nov 2004, at 0:31, Michael Stillwell wrote:
>
> > Righto, I've made a page on the wiki that documents the emacs
> > keybinding issues:
>
> isearch-forward (C-s)
> isearch-backward (C-r)
>
> Is this like findNext/Previous but always case-insensitive?

As someone else has written, the i stands for incremental.

> spell-word (M-$)—checks spelling
>
> There is the "checkSpelling:" action method. This will select the next
> misspelled word (starting from the caret).

spell-word checks the spelling of the word under the cursor; I like
this because it's  compatible with editing source code.  (Unlike the
wavy-line method ("Check spelling as you type"), which goes crazy when
you're editing source, because just about every word is spelt wrong.)
I don't know what the UI would look like though...

> backward-paragraph (M-[)
> forward-paragraph (M-])
>
> How does this differ from moveTo{Beginning|End}OfParagraph? In TM, if
> you're already at the begin/end it'll go back/forward a paragraph.
> Although I don't think this is the default for Cocoa (it will remain at
> the begin/end).

Actually, I'm not sure that they are different; I noticed the
moveTo{Beginning|End}OfParagraph in the NSResponder documentation, but
I couldn't get them to actually do anything in any of the apps I
tested.

Thanks so much for your help with all this--TextMate is so close to
being able to replace the only text-mode program I still use since
switching to OS X!  I didn't think this was every going to happen.

--M.

--
http://beebo.org
+44 78 2118 9049