[TxMt] XML support?

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Wed Nov 3 01:51:29 UTC 2004

On 03/11/2004, at 4:59 AM, David Casal wrote:

> Sorry to bug people again with this, but it's the only thing keeping
> me from buying textmate right now; otherwise, I'm really happy with it
> and would wait for SFTP and SVN support patiently; however, I can't
> really live without XML support, since 80% of my job involves XML
> editing in some way or another.
>
> Is there any news on what happened to the XML bundle which used to be
> on the wiki? The svn repo for it is dead, the guy doesn't answer mail.
>
> It is such a pity, because XML syntax highlighting and completion are
> such a basic, important part of a good editor, IMHO.
>
> If the answer's going to be 'no, texmate is made so you write *your
> own* bundles, that's why they're there', could you point out how
> difficult it is to make one, and how to go about starting? (it just
> seems like reinventing the wheel, IYSWIM)

David,

I imagine that the HTML bundle is a really good starting point -- can
you just use the HTML bundle?  What's missing from the HTML bundle that
we'd need to implement for the XML bundle?  If you can start putting
together a wishlist of changes based on the HTML bundle and what needs
to change for the XML bundle, then I'm happy to build the XML bundle,
or even teach you how to do it.

It's pretty easy, and my thinking is that 99% of the work has already
been done in HTML.

Justin