[TxMt] Tabs without a project?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Nov 2 17:43:27 UTC 2004

On 2. Nov 2004, at 16:46, Robin Berjon wrote:

> one feature I would really love to have would be the ability to have
> tabs without needing a project [...]

In the future there'll only be one type of window, and it'll better
serve single files and ad hoc scratch projects -- but there's currently
no ETA. Probably it'll be 1.1, which is likely to see the light of day
before christmas.

> I really like tabs but I only occasionally work using projects. Having
> the option to say "any files I open are opened as a tab in the current
> window" would positively rock.

If you drag multiple files to the application icon, it creates a
scratch project, i.e. groups the files in a single window, but doesn't
require a specific project file.

Also, if you new a project (ctrl-command-n) you can drag the proxy icon
of existing files to the project drawer -- so it's rather easy to
create “projects”. But it'll improve though!

Kind regards Allan