[TxMt] find settings

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Dec 30 00:21:58 UTC 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 0:54, David Tolpin wrote:

>> [...] if the find clipboard has changed it's unlikely that the new
>> string is a regular expressions.
>>
>> But I could improve it to actually compare the find string with what
>> was used in last session.
> Do you see a situation when the Find clipboard's content is reused
> from another program?

I do that all the time (seriously!). I rather often have a string in
Mail, Terminal, OmniWeb, or TextMate and want to search for that string
in one or more of the other programs.  Having command-e/command-g work
across applications is really something I can't live without today! But
I've seen Classic users actually claim that TM was buggy because of it
:)

> I would prefer Regular expressions to stick (since I use them almost
> always, in fact); and in the rare case when the search string has come
> from another program, to switch it off manually.

I won't make it sticky, but I'll add to the to-do that it should only
clear when the string has changed from the last session. Expect it in
1.1b1 (which I do think I can promise will be before the new year) or
1.1b2.